We'll see if I'll beat last week's "score" with this week - so far I'm on target. :-D
To the recipe we go, hi-ho:
- gluten-free pasta (I like using Tinkyada's brown rice spiral pasta)
- grated carrot (about 1 carrot per 2 people)
- chopped celery (approx 3/4 cup)
- 1 can of tuna per person
- 3-4 tbsp brown rice flour
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- mustard powder
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs (I crumble mine from Food For Life's brown rice bread)
- 3/4 cup chicken broth and 3/4 cup water (or 1 & 1/2 cups water)
- Start the noodles boiling on the stove, and heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grate the carrot/s and cut up the celery as you wait for the noodles.
- Add the carrots and celery to a skillet and add olive oil and seasonings (according to your taste), EXCEPT for the mustard powder. Put on med-high heat and keep mixing the veggies from time to time until they are softened.
- Pour chicken broth and water (or just water) into the skillet with the heat still on med-high, and slowly add about a tablespoon of the flour every 10 seconds while continually stirring
- When mixture is smooth, turn off heat.
- Drain and put the cooked pasta in an oven dish, adding a bit more olive oil (about 2-3 tbsp), and salt, pepper, mustard, and garlic according to taste. Add all of the tuna and the veggie sauce mix from the skillet to the oven dish. Mix everything together.
- Add breadcrumbs on top, then put in the oven for 30 minutes or until the top is crusty.
*Update: Shared on Gluten Free Wednesday (6-20-12) and Made From Scratch Monday! Also linked-up with Carole's Chatter. Thanks for the opportunity!