It's been and will continue to be in the 90's where we are this week, so we've been trying to keep meals light and refreshing. This recipe is fast, inexpensive, and fits the bill for the current heat-wave.
- shrimp (I get the packs that you find in the freezer aisle that have 60-80 raw, deveined and de-tailed shrimp for $5 at walmart) For the two of us, we use about half the shrimp in the bag.
- GF pasta (I use Tinkyada)
- olive oil
- lemon (can also substitute with 100% distilled white vinegar)
- italian seasoning (thyme, rosemary, oregano, sage, basil)
- garlic powder
- salt & pepper
- Cook pasta according to directions.
- Put shrimp in skillet with garlic and olive oil and start them sauteing as you cut up broccoli. Keep going back to the shrimp - they're done when they are no longer translucent and a nice pink color.
- Place broccoli in another skillet that's filled with about half an inch of water. Turn the heat on med-high and steam the broccoli, turning the stems over until the broccoli florets are a bright green and just a notch below raw and still crispy. Take off heat and strain water. Heat them again on medium heat with olive oil and a splash of garlic for 1 minute, constantly mixing them around. Remove from heat.
- Drain pasta, then mix olive oil and the seasonings, as well as the shrimp and broccoli together in the pasta pot. Squeeze 2-3 slices of lemon (according to taste) over the mix and stir everything around on medium heat for 30 secs - 1min.
- Either serve immediately, or chill in fridge for 30 mins before serving if you'd like to make it a pasta salad.
For a gluten-free meal, this is definitely affordable and yummy. :)
Thanks to simplysugarandglutenfree, gnowfglins, and glutenfreehomemaker for the feature opportunity!