This recipe also fits the bill for what I like a meal to be: easy-peasy, allergy-free, healthy, inexpensive, from wholesome foods and fast to make! Sometimes improv is the best ally.
- thin chicken strips
- rosemary or italian seasoning
- salt & pepper
- 1 lemon
- olive oil
- preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- add olive oil to bottom of skillet - turn heat to med-high.
- place chicken in skillet. Add rosemary/italian seasoning, salt & pepper.
- brown just the outsides of the chicken in the pan to seal the juices, leaving the insides pink to finish cooking in the oven.
- place half-cooked chicken in a baking dish and into the oven for about 10 mins.
- cut thin slices from the lemon.
- when the chicken is testing to be nearly done, add a slice of lemon to each chicken and let it bake a few more mins.
Next week I'll be putting forth my best effort to bake a GF/DF birthday cake that does not make me still think of the gluten-filled yummy-goodness I've left behind. Past attempts of this have been unsuccessful, but I'm armed with a new recipe and hopeful!
(thanks to glutenfreehomemaker, vegetarianmamma, and slightly indulgent tuesday for the feature!)