Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Tall Tufted Headboard Bedroom Reveal

Making a tufted headboard has been a project I've been wanting to do for a loooong time.

So when I saw this tall "grid-tufted" headboard from West Elm, I knew that it was exactly what I wanted to make and it became my inspiration for this project:


Here's our "before" bedroom pic (this is the only pic I could find, and it's a pretty old pic w/ our older comforter - we got rid of that white side table that had been from a dumpster dive last summer, and apparently we didn't even have curtains yet but were at the stage of still hanging large towels, lol) :


Now here it is!


There's still some quirks I need to iron out with Karl's help because of a basic step I didn't know I needed (oops), but overall I'm pretty pleased with how well it came out for a first try!  Would you believe me if I told you it cost only $12 to make?!   I'll be detailing how I did that in an upcoming "how-to" post, in which I can guarantee you being able to pull it off as well for under $50! *** Update: learn how-to make the headboard here! ***


Shared on: notjustahousewife, modvintagelife, elizabthandco, cozylittlehouse, igottacreate, thediydreamer, mostlyhomemademomsmartschoolhouse,

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...