Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Upcoming November Projects!


Meet miss classy side table and 90's gold chandelier!

After 2 hours of looking around some of my favorite thrift shops, I'd found these two goodies to makeover this month, and I'm just a little excited about that.

The chandelier has been a project I've been wanting to try my hand at for awhile since seeing projects like this:

image courtesy of Sideways Shop on Flickr

As for you, miss side table, it's going to be the milk paint for you! (General Finishes of course!)



The side table is in semi-rough shape. It looks like a kid had fun with their crayons on it (especially on the top), and that a parent unsuccessfully tried to scrub the colors off but just ended up smudging them around. It's dingy and a bit dirty in some places too. But it has no missing chunks of wood (that I can see so far) and having that awesome original fixture is a bonus. The detail on the legs and lovely curves are going to make this a statement piece in the right paint color.
Which leads me to ask: any bold colors y'all would find particularly awesome to try on these pieces? Turquoise blue? Lavender? Red? I'd love to have some input (leave a comment below).

Can't wait to get started! Weeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Get updates about our old home restoration, DIY tutorials, and project ideas to your inbox!

Bloglovin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...