Since T-giving, I seem to be getting my inspiration back again for making food and have been cooking and baking a few new recipes in the kitchen this past week. It feels so good to be back! I've been experimenting with an allergy free bread, learning how to soak and roast cashews, making a beef stock for the first time, and trying a gluten free pie crust.
I also did a return to a comfort food I'm familiar with making though: a big pot of from-scratch chicken soup. Yummers.
As a result of logging all these hours in the kitchen this past week, I'll be sharing my recipes in these coming days/weeks. The first one up is a gluten free and paleo Pear Pie that you'd swear is apple.
This is such a quick and easy recipe, especially for being done from scratch!
Gluten Free Pear Pie:
- 3-4 ripe red anjou pears, skinned and cut into thin slices
- 1-2 tbsp brown sugar
- 3/4 cup walnuts, almonds, and cranberries and/or dates - grounded in blender or food processor to small bits (not into a fine flour!) with 1-2 tbsp of honey
- Evenly pack the bottom of your pie pan with the grounded crust.
- Add the sliced pear pieces to cover the crust, leaving a thin layer around the rim of the crust exposed
- Sprinkle the cinnamon and brown sugar over the pears
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for approx 35 mins or when pears are cooked through.